I was looking at this Reiki website and I found this very interesting.
Can Reiki heal me?
No promises can be made about the outcome of the use of Reiki (or any other healing system). It all depends on you, your intent, your background and the nature of your problem. Healing is a different experience and has different effects on every individual. A big step towards healing yourself is to actually realize your need for healing. Here are some important questions to think about, reflect and answer them truthfully:
· Do you want to become whole or do you simply want to have your problem go away?
· Are you willing to make changes in your life that are necessary for your healing process?
· Do you recognize any patterns in your life that block the flow of energy in your body?
· Have you taken a serious look at your habits and patterns?
· What are your eating habits?
· Do you drink enough water?
· If you are physically capable of doing so, do you exercise, even if it is no more than a walk around the block?
· Do you blame others for your illness?
· Are you holding old grudges?
· Have you had this illness for a long time? Does it define who you are? Who would you be without it? Do you want to be without it?
Now that you have taken a first step, the next step can be to receive Reiki. Reiki is not just energy that you can give to someone…. it is an energy system that will trigger deep-seated issues and patterns in someone’s life. It is life-altering…. causing people to really look deep within themselves…. brings great change in, around and through ones life and surroundings…. heals all levels of imbalances from this life and from other lifetimes as well.
All healing is self healing. No pill, procedure, surgery, exercise or energy healing session will bring healing to an individual who does not have the desire to get better. I think of Reiki as a loving guide that helps me welcome healing into my life. Reiki also gives me the energy boost I need to make positive changes and release harmful patterns.
Wellness is having a healthy body and mind. It means handling our emotions, stressors and challenges in a balanced way. Wellness is the body’s natural state. Illness is a disruption of nature. If you are not well, seek out the disruptions in your Self. Sometimes it can be scary or difficult to face these disruptions, but it is well worth the effort. I recommend finding a guide like I have found in Reiki and my Spirit Guides. Once you have that kind of support you will immediately feel a shift in your body indicating that you are beginning the process of healing.
Love and Light,